Hello again,
life here is going really well. I have joined a Christian Fellowship--> to encourage my growth in Christ (which I really need to do and maintain during my stay here). They are all really really nice people.
I'm going to join a swing dancing club too.
Ice skating is going well and so is volleyball. I'm gonna be a good skater by the end of it! Well, I'd better be. Considering that I would have taken about 48 one hour lessons by the end of it!! haha!
If not, then I'm a lost cause for that sport.
I've also got a part time job on campus --> making coffee!! I've always wanted a job like that. Yeah- I'm no longer unemployable!
Oh, one thing though.. I almost lost my job, hehe. I was suppose to work on 12:30pm-2:00pm, but I thought it was 12:30am-2am!!
I got a phone call, and was told that I got Three warnings in one go. That's an automatic probation or termination.
I was worried!
But I told them what happened and the girl put me on probation. Then I replied to another email, and that lady was nicer and she lifted my three of my warnings. It was good. Oh-- wastage here is common. If we make a fresh drink and no one claims it, then down the sink it goes! Man- what a waste!
Other than that, I'm enjoying it and it makes me smell like coffee after work. It's fun.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of the terrorist attack. It should be an experience!! There's a prayer service happening off campus. I'm gonna get emotional I reckon. Heard a tribute thing on the radio this morning with Collective Soul "World I know" playing in the background, and started getting tears in my eye.
Check out more pics-- of NY and the recent football game,
http://groups.msn.com/munky80/shoebox.msnw
We won! woohoo!
It's unbelievable. I heard that ppl are willing to pay US$400+ for one game!!
My goodness. And I paid US$19 to watch last week's game.
They are all mad!
Alright, time to go back to dorm and sleep!!
Bye,
Pei Li

<< Home